7 Reasons Why Venezuela is Great
- Has the worlds MOST proven oil reserves, with 296,500,000,000 barrels.
- Venezuela has the cheapest gas prices in the world. 15 cents per gallon.
- Tied for second with Puerto Rico for “most Miss Universe Crowns.”
- Ranks number 1 in electoral fairness.
- Has the highest waterfall in the world. (Angel Falls)
- Ranks top ten in world’s most ecologically diverse countries.
- Venezuela ranks fifth among countries with the lowest level of malnutrition in Latin America and is among the world’s top 10.
7 Reasons Why Venezuela is Ridiculous
- Venezuela has the 4th highest world murder rate with 48 homicides per 100,000 residents. The capital Caracas has the second greatest homicide rate of any large city in the world, with 92 homicides per 100,000 residents
- Venezuela’s judicial system is in shambles. Una Ventana a La Libertad reported that 78% of Venezuelan inmates have not been convicted of a crime.
- Corruption: By official admission, police are responsible for 1 in 5 crimes committed.
- Currency controls are rapidly deteriorating the value of the currency. These controls also ensure tourism stays at an all time low.
- Daily electrical blackouts on the power grid due to aging infrastructure, and lack of investment.
- The oil company is producing 1/3 of its potential output. Currently half of what it was.
- Venezuela has the highest inflation rate in the world 28.2% according to Aneki.com.